“Allow your passion to become your purpose, and one day it will become your profession” Gabriel Bernstein
To each child, their parents are rock solid pillars who will never shake, who will remain calm when a whirlwind arrives, who can hide tears and double the delight. No matter how many conflicts and ludicrous disputes have occurred between them, when a child is in need, the first face that comes to mind begging for aid is that of his parents. And it is at these times that a youngster decides to spread his wings and soar towards his destiny, in need of direction and support.
The parental role evolves with each stage of life, from that of a guide who helps the kid define objectives to that of a proud motivator in their lives. And, as a parent, you must make sure that your child is calm during all sorts of heated discussions, whether they are about their future or a career decision.
One of the most difficult decisions millennials must make is whether to pursue a passion or focus on a stable profession. Do I want to do what I enjoy or should I do what pays the most?
Assist your kid in realizing that they have a voice and the capacity to choose the best path and put in the necessary effort to attain their objectives.
Help your child in comprehending the connection between passion and profession-
- Include your child in both academic and extracurricular activities in order to BETTER UNDERSTAND their interests and passions, not only at key ages like tenth or twelfth grade, but from an early age.
- Ascertain that they comprehend the DISTINCTION BETWEEN A HOBBY AND A PASSION- They might like a wide range of activities, but not all of those are true passions for them. A passion incorporates an element of aptitude or giftedness in addition to a favorite hobby. This is a pastime that one participates in when they have free time. Passion, on the other hand, is something you set out time for and engage in on a regular basis.
- Allow them to INVESTIGATE thoroughly before deciding- Kids are often enthusiastic about a variety of activities, such as Vlogging and writing, singing and dancing, and so on. However, because a job is supposed to be a single decision, they must narrow down their interests. Allow them to try everything they enjoy for a period of time before selecting the finest of them. Remind them that every job is equal, and they may succeed in any career path they choose. All that matters is their commitment to their work and a little extra effort.
- Allow them to EVALUATE their abilities to do the task- Examine their willingness to put in the effort necessary to transform a hobby into a vocation. Consider whether they have the essential abilities to match their passion with their profession, as a job usually includes accomplishing something on a regular and efficient basis. Teach them how to effectively work toward their passion so that the job they accomplish is well-structured and organized.
Create an atmosphere that allows them to foster and develop their passions and abilities after you’ve identified them. To survive, we must choose a profession, and this is the most challenging task. As youngsters, students are instructed to choose a profession that would enable them to sustain themselves for the rest of their life. The problem with such assumptions is that we currently live in a society where jobs cannot be predicted into the future. The world of employment has altered more than we ever have expected, whether as a result of the pandemic or digital upheaval.
Everything, including our professions, deserves an update, but finding one that is tied to something you are passionate about is easier. It’s not difficult to transform a passion into a profession; it’s more difficult to figure out what your passion is.
It’s a lot simpler to say than it is to accomplish. But how can we figure out what our passions are? How do we know where to go from here once we’ve figured out what we’re passionate about?
Listed here are some ways how a parent can help their kid achieve their dreams-
- Everything begins with “WHY”! It’s pointless to take another step towards the same direction until someone figures out why they enjoy a specific subject or sport. What if they’re just interested in a career because they heard about it lately or because it’s one of the few, they’re aware of? Start by asking them a series of questions to figure out what they like and why they like it.
- Next, it’s time for you to assist them in DEVELOPING A RANGE once they’ve discovered their interest area and determined why they’re drawn to it in the first place. Why not select a few more domains that could intrigue them before they narrow down their passion and take the plunge? How can we limit down on one vocation and truly decide to pursue it for the rest of our life when we only know about a few of them? As a result, developing a range is necessary. The more they learn and investigate, the more equipped they will be to make decisions.
- It will be easier for them to determine which passion they want to pursue once they have a varied collection of interests. Now is the time to learn more about that passion and compile a comprehensive LIST OF THE POSSIBILITIES they might pursue with it.
- It is always beneficial to get advice from others; their experiences may differ, but they will assist you in making the best option for your child. The importance of self-education cannot be overstated. It’s time for them to put the information they’ve learned into PRACTICE.
- Let them TAKE THE LEAP and act on the knowledge and information they have accumulated.
- We are frequently hesitant to PAUSE AND RECONSIDER our first decisions. It is critical for us to stay on the route we have chosen, or so we believe. However, our job path is not etched in stone; we have the freedom to pause and reconsider our decisions at any time, and it is critical that we do so. Why shouldn’t your kid’s occupation evolve as opportunities and technology change? We must be adaptable in our approach even when following our passion. Our excitement may ebb and flow over time.
Assure your children that if they put in their best effort, they will achieve their objectives. And they must shape their personalities in such a way that, whether confronted with problems or manipulations, they remain firm in their own decisions and continue to pursue their objectives without wavering. Allow these to be signals of a more Promising Future.